By booking a lesson with Geared2Drive, you warrant that you are 18 or more years of age or have legal parental or guardian consent and that you are authorised and able to make payment for the services you have booked. You also warrant that all information given by you to us through any booking means (including your name, contact and address details) is correct.
Fees and cancellations/rescheduled bookings
We require a minimum of 24 hours advance notice prior to cancelling a lesson. If that notice is not given or you do not show up for your appointment there is a charge equivalent to 100% of the lesson fee that must be paid prior to the next session. Any lessons cancelled due to illness will require a Doctor’s certificate prior to the next lesson and the fee will be waived.
We reserve the right to reschedule a lesson subject to the provision of reasonable notice for situations that are beyond our control.
Discounts and Promotions
Any discounts or promotional lessons are not transferrable or redeemable for cash and offered at the discretion of Geared2Drive.
Are non-refundable and not redeemable for cash. They are not transferable and cannot be resold. Vouchers are valid for a period of twelve months from the date of issue.
Provision of Lessons
- All lessons commence and end at the pre-determined pick-up address as per the time of booking the lesson. Any change to either the pick-up or drop-off address must be verified by a parent or guardian if the student is under the age of 18.
- You must hold a current NSW driving licence or equivalent, a valid overseas licence and always carry it with you during a lesson.
- The duration of a standard on-road lesson will be at least 60 minutes, which includes briefing and/or debriefing time.
- Appropriate footwear must be worn, so please no high heels, thongs or other footwear which in the opinion of the instructor may cause safety concerns with the foot controls.
- Mobile phones must be switched off prior to entering the vehicle.
- You must always comply with the instructions or directions of your instructor during a lesson.
If you are not available at the agreed time for your lesson and we cannot contact you, this time will be deducted from the total lesson time. Your instructor may at their reasonable discretion choose not to proceed with the lesson and in such circumstances, you will be liable for the cost of the lesson.
While every endeavour is made to commence the lesson at the scheduled time with the instructor, no responsibility can be taken for circumstances beyond our control which may delay the start time. If there are circumstances beyond our control which have delayed the start time of your lesson, we will offer you the full lesson time or, if that is not possible, we will offer you a lesson on another day or time.
We reserve the right to terminate a lesson if:
- you engage in any behaviour that your instructor determines is reckless;
- you fail to comply with the instructions or directions of your instructor before or during a lesson;
- you fail to comply with any special conditions on your licence such as wearing glasses or contact lenses;
- your instructor has assessed your driving skills and competence and deems you to be unfit or unsafe to drive
- you appear to be under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol
If a lesson is terminated under the circumstances listed above, you will be required to pay the full cost of the terminated lesson.
We are happy for you to use your own vehicle and in doing so you acknowledge the following requirements have been met in relation to your vehicle:
- the vehicle is roadworthy, i.e., tyres are correctly inflated and there is sufficient tread on all tyres, all brake lights and indicators are in working order, seat belts are not damaged, the windscreen is not cracked or damaged
- registration of your vehicle is current
- the vehicle is fully insured for third-party and comprehensive insurance
- the vehicle has sufficient petrol to last the course of the lesson
The instructor-supplied vehicle contains global positioning and video monitoring systems with the capacity to identify the location of the vehicle and the way it is operated.
When using the instructor’s vehicle, all learners will be responsible for any traffic infringements or damage incurred to our vehicle during a driving lesson (insurance excess payable).
Safety and Welfare
Safety and welfare for you, as well as the instructors, is of the utmost importance in providing you with our services. In the interests of safety, your instructor may assess your driving skills and competence at any time throughout the course of the lesson. If the instructor feels you may be under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol or if at any time you are assessed unfit or unsafe to drive during a lesson, your instructor may terminate the lesson. Any physical or verbal abuse directed at the instructor or others in the vicinity will not be tolerated and the instructor will terminate the lesson immediately should this occur at the full cost of the lesson.